1. Contest name: World Cancer Day
2. Start date: January 28, 2016
3. End date: February 4, 2016 at 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time)
4. Date and time of draw to pick winners: February 8, 2016 at 9:30 am
5. Place of draw to determine Contest winners: Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer (IRIC) at the Université de Montréal: 2950 Chemin de Polytechnique, Pavillon Marcelle-Coutu, Office S1-406-12, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1J4
6. Conditions: This Contest is open to any individual making a donation of $20 or more to the Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer at the Université de Montréal using the online donation form dedicated to “World Cancer Day” on or before February 4, 2016 at 11:59 pm. Please note that pursuant to the Canada Revenue Agency, any individual making a contribution and entering the draw will not be eligible for a tax receipt. Consequently, if you would rather obtain a tax receipt for your donation, you will not be eligible to enter the draw.
7. Prize: One (1) trip for two (2) at Fairmont Le Château Frontenac (two (2) nights in a Junior Suite at Fairmont Or; a five-course dinner for two (2) at Champlain Restaurant; two (2) treatments at Spa du Château; valet service) with a retail value of $2,000, courtesy of Fairmont Hotels. Winner is responsible for all additional costs and charges not expressly included in the Prize.
8. The gift certificate is not transferable, not exchangeable and not redeemable for cash. If for any reason the gift certificate is not used by the Winner in the time allotted, there will be no extension and the gift certificate will be deemed void. The gift certificate cannot be combined with another promotional offer and is valid until December 30, 2016. Decisions of Organizers with respect to the Contest are final and without appeal. Fairmont Le Château Frontenac reserves the right to change the gift certificate’s validity period if for any reason the site is completely booked on the booking date.
9. Winner will have to make a reservation with an employee of Fairmont Le Château Frontenac at least 20 business days prior to the booking date. The contact information to book the trip will be provided to the Contest Winner.
10. The name of the Winner can be obtained by contacting 514-343-6141 on February 8, 2016 after 11 am.
11. In addition, the Winner will be contacted by phone on February 8, 2016 at or after 10 am.
12. Once the Winner is reached by phone, his/her name will be posted on the Facebook page of the Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer at the Université de Montréal.
13. The Winner will have until February 12, 2016 at 3 pm to claim the Prize by contacting Anne Lebel at the Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer at the Université de Montréal at 514-343-6141. In the event that the Prize is not claimed on or before February 12, 2016, a second draw will take place on February 15, 2016 at 9:30 am at the Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer at the Université de Montréal, 2950 Chemin de Polytechnique, Pavillon Marcelle-Coutu, Office S1-406-12, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1J4. The new Winner will be contacted on February 15, 2016 at or after 10 am and will have until February 17, 2016 at 3 pm to claim the Prize by contacting Anne Lebel at the Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer at the Université de Montréal at 514-343-6141.
14. A letter detailing the Prize and requirements to claim it will be handed to the Winner in person at the Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer at the Université de Montréal or by priority mail within ten (10) business days following the date at which IRIC reached the Winner to confirm that he/she won the Prize.
15. There will be only one (1) Winner.
16. Odds of winning depend upon the number of online donations received.
17. The Winner releases the Contest Organizers of any liability for any damages that may result from acceptance and/or use of the Prize.
18. Entrants acknowledge that they have read and understood the Contest Rules and Regulations and agree to abide by them.
19. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
20. Facebook and its officers and agents assume no responsibility whatsoever regarding the conduct of this Contest. IRIC will be solely responsible for the safe handling of entrants’ personal information as part of the conduct of this Contest.