IRIC’s High-Throughput Screening (HTS) core facility aims to be a centre of excellence and innovation in chemical and functional screening. Designed for the use of a variety of biochemical and cell-based assays with different biological systems and models (Drosophila, C. elegans, mammalians, etc.), the core facility provides new molecular target identification as well as finding target-specific molecules in support of both fundamental and medicinal research projects.
- Assay optimization and validation
- Primary and secondary screening
- Throughput of up to 25,000 tests per day
- Expanding chemical compound library with broad base applicability from commercial and internal sources
- shRNA library for genome-scale screening for human or mouse
- RNAi library for genome-scale screening for Drosophila
- Data analysis and reporting
Our team is also available to provide guidance concerning most appropriate assay and detection methods, assay optimization and hit confirmation.