On April 29, students from the Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer (IRIC) of the Université de Montréal distinguished themselves at the 17th Scientific Day of the Molecular Biology Programs hosted by the Faculty of Medicine of the Université de Montréal. They earned eight prizes awarded for the quality of their oral and poster presentations.
Congratulations to IRIC laureates:
- Dariel Ashton-Beaucage, Ph.D. student, Intracellular Signalling Laboratory, for his oral presentation entitled A diverse set of factors act to control MAPK levels and impinge on RAS1/MAPK signaling
- Éric Deneault, Ph.D. student, Molecular Genetics of Stem Cells Laboratory, for his oral presentation entitled Expansion ex vivo de cellules souches hématopoïétiques a l’aide de facteurs extrinsèques
- Véronique Lisi, Ph.D. student, RNA Engineering Laboratory, for her oral presentation entitled Identification of microRNA/transcription factor auto-regulatory loops and their role in proliferation and hematopoiesis.
- Marie-Claude Sincennes, Ph.D. student, Hematopoiesis and Leukemia Research Laboratory, for her oral presentation entitled L’oncoprotéine LMO2 régule la replication de l’ADN.
- Simon Fortier, Ph.D. student, Molecular Genetics of Stem Cells Laboratory, for his poster presentation entitled Identification of embryonic stem cell fate determinants
- Iman Fares, Ph.D. student, Molecular Genetics of Stem Cells Laboratory, for her poster presentation entitled Screening for small molecules capable of expanding human hematopoietic stem cell ex vivo
- Jayshree Khanikar, M.Sc. student, Cell Division and Differentiation Laboratory, for her poster presentation entitled In vivo analysis of the cell cycle dynamics of germline stem cells in the C. elegans gonad
- Antoine Simoneau, M.Sc. student, Cell Cycle Regulation and Chromosome Structure Laboratory, for his poster presentation entitled The role of phosphorylation of the MRX complex in genomic integrity
The Scientific Day of the Molecular Biology Programs is an annual event that allows students who are pursuing their research in the various affiliated centres of the Université de Montréal to meet and present their research results.
IRIC | Université de Montréal